Translate

Thursday 5 March 2015

Editing Overview


What have I learnt from the process of editing?
From the process of editing, I've learnt that in order to create a bigger impact in certain scenes for our title sequence, slow motion or fade transitions are useful.                                      

I have learnt that it is important to
keep looking over our sequence to make sure that it makes sense, that the pace is right, the sound is consistent, etc.



What new skills have I developed? What specific things have I learnt about the use of filters or different editing techniques?

I have developed many new skills while working on our title sequence. One of which is how to compress documents, such as videos, in order for them to be published on my blog or other places.To do this I had to learn how to use Handbrake.



I also learnt that despite making the title credits in motion, when they're on our editing screen on Final Cut pro, I can press the the tab on the far right just above the right editing screen, then press 'Image and Wireframe' to move the titles anywhere on the screen. This prevents the time we would have used to go back to motion and re do the titles again.

                                         



I also learnt that in order to add our institutions at the beginning of our title sequence, there's a way to do it to make it realistic and professional. The form of MP3 converter I used was called 'Clipgrab'. This allowed us to copy and paste URL into the software. This allowed us to find sound affects if needed and other Youtube videos that I could edit and cut.







No comments:

Post a Comment