Translate

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Reflection on filming - Friday 30th January - 43

Filming for Amateurs- Location


Unfortunately Shanaz wasn't in for this filming due to a politics trip she had to go to but this did not pose a problem and did not stop us to go out filming. Me, China and Ahsan set off filming in another location which was different from the previous one. Instead of 'Silver Street' we set off to Broadwater Farm in Tottenham - (don't worry it is not a farm)! We had to think of the risks when going there because of its violent and gang culture history so we had to take precautions and be vigilant. It was all due to be fine as myself lived round the area.

It was a cold morning but that didn't stop us. We arrived at Broadwater Farm and decided that we liked the estates that were present and thought we could add it to our film. So more scenery was taken from Broadwater Farm and it didn't matter that it was different to the previous location as they are quite near to each other. We then decided to film the actual footage therefore myself playing the character that we initially planned. Initially in I was planned something else to wear but on this day I was wearing something completely different but the intial items of clothing were there, a hoody, nike cap and black jeans. So there was a complete change of costume but it didn't affect our story in any way.

This time China and Ahsan were behind the camera and China doing a great job of directing and I know Shanaz would of loved to be there and boss us around! We did several shots of my character being introduced to the camera and the shots came out really because well... I would call myself an exceptional actor. There was some bits where we went wrong or I couldn't stop laughing but I guess that's what filming is all about, deleted scenes and bloopers so it was nice to experience it.

Next time we would be doing the follow up scenes as to when my character meets up his friends and they have a bit of  laugh but then are disturbed by the presence of other boys who come in the area and tension arises. This will be filmed back in Silver Street, Edmonton. For this I'm relying on my friends to be present and help make this film work, its a risk but a risk our group is willing to take so fingers cross!




No comments:

Post a Comment